Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thing 23

Je suis finis!

Did the survey. Actually I thought it would be a longer survey! Hey guys, next time go for it and rack our brains! More details are sometimes the best!
I really enjoyed this project because it made my computer world suddenly revolve around the library, which I had never really thought of before. Now I can look at something and think to myself, can I use this for the Library?
I am appreciative because my world has suddenly discovered RSS and podcasts. I really enjoyed the book based social networks. I loved helping my coworkers and racing along with them to finish. :) I think us talking about the certain things also really expanded on the things themselves.
I can't believe I finished on time! Rah rah! I was flabbergasted by Thing 17 that opened my eyes about ELM. Databases rule! I couldn't believe that suddenly I could be organized by what seemed like a billion Online organizers! And map out my school projects and library projects!
My only complaint would be on the instructions of the different Things. Sometimes I wouldn't read thoroughly enough to start correctly or understand, but most of the time i felt like I was wading through a bog of misdirection (often times it was because the 23 website didn't seemed to be proofed or edited) by half a sentence or missed words.
I don't know if I would use Google blogger next time. It seemed slow and burdensome most of the time.
It was just that if this program was for beginners, it really needs to be set up for beginners. If I, who had more experience than any of my coworkers had trouble, I found that often times my fellow staff members gave up because it was too complicated (or rather, it really was that complicated, but seemed to be).
I would do this again if offered for sure!

23 things is to me:

1 month of taxpayers money: $345.00
23 hours of inspired worktime: lots of patron's raised eyebrows
Learning Library 2.0 programs online: free
The knowledge of 23 things: priceless

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations on finishing all 23 things. Sounds like you had a good experience. I appreciate your comments on the mother blog shortcomings--will help as we continue on. It was not really designed for "beginner" beginners--we made some assumptions that library staff had some level of skill/knowledge. Live and learn for all of us!


Enjoyed your posts and thoughts on all the Things. Watch for More On a Stick in the fall or winter.