Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thing 9

Have requested access to the document to be allowed to edit it. Not sure how they are going to let me know if I'm allowed. hmm...

I received an email with link to edit the docutment through Google Doc Editor. It was a very interesting thing to do. Although I felt it distasteful to mess around with a historical document (I was a history major once), I did leave a little edit. Unfortunately it will be taken as yelling. Although I think that is fine since TJ was threatening Britain. I'm sure back then England just laughed at our little angst ridden tirade. We are such a teenager compared to those adult european states.
As for Zoho Writer, it looked slightly more professional than Google's editing, but because I couldn't get permission to rewrite I didn't really get a first hand on experience with it. Although Zoho and Google both had really good instructions to learn how to use their programs. I really didn't like how Google's editor looked as one edited. I thought it was slightly messy and hard to understand what was being edited and how it looked. And since there were so many people playing with it, it was even more confusing what had been changed and what was original. (This could be scary if one was to think it was the orginal. Hopefully this won't be the copy that archeologists find in the future!)

Thomas Jefferson's probably rolling in his grave.

No comments: