Monday, February 11, 2008

Thing 3 RSS feed

Well, my RSS feeds are all going, and I love the fact that I can access them on my Google account page along with my blog. I am very frustrated with the fact I still cannot seem to be able to attact them into my blog. I learn about sharing and tabs and things that somehow don't show up on my RSS page. I really enjoy it alot and want to have it on my blog, it almost seems better than a link, sorta reducing the fact of clicking on the link and following it.
After some messing around and struggle I have finally figured out how to put two of my favorite author's journal's RSS feeds onto this blog. It is also very convenient to see on my RSS feed my co-worker's updates on their blogs.
I think RSS would be very convenient in the case of if there were blogs, journals and news that libraries or companies kept up, to keep track of what is going on. I have already 'friended' the HCL and St Paul Public library on Myspace, and the Myspace feeds and journal posting keep me on top of those two libraries news and events. So I think this would totally be to libraries' advantage.
I soon got used to looking for the orange RSS feed pic and usually websites had their URL to paste into my blogger's site. Very cool. Very neat. Now onto Thing 4.

No comments: