Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thing 7--Tools of Library 2.0

Well...to tell the truth. Ho hum...
I belong to the generation that really started picking up these many tools as everyday things. I love email. I have 8 email addresses (no kidding). Email is very productive for libraries, for businesses, for everyday life. What would we be without it? It seems unfathomable. When a web server goes down and I can't access my email I feel like my connection to the world has been yanked away.
I have Im'd forever. It is used more for the younger generations that love to talk and talk for a long time and too as many friends as they can at once. And yes, I have seen it used for business many a time. My friend actually does her work on the computer logged onto three different IMs and emails, and through IMing her coworkers does her work after hours. It could be very well used for libraries also.
Web conferencing is very ingenious also and saves time for travel and also allows everyone to be more free about time and money. So all really good things.
Just not that novel to me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Although I am going to have alot of fun showing IM to my co-workers!

No comments: