Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thing 8

Wow! What a whole new world, to quote one of my favorite Disney movies!



I checked out about every tool. Including the list of 50 different tools to create many things. I really was amazed about the presentation and profile tools. I looked at so many I will have to go back to the "23 things" website and look them up again.
Well, to start I could see how the presentation and public files would be really beneficial if one was giving or wanted people to have access to the presentation or information they wanted to pass out. It could be used multiple places and by multiple people and then reviewed later if needed! So as long as people could find it and use it, i think these tools would have excellent uses for the library. As for photo displays, I think these have less of a business use and more of a personal use, but are still really nifty ideas.
I looked through the MN set up tool (replace with name later), and found that conveniently they had a prereq to see how computer savvy you were before you took a virtual tour of the site and how to set it up. It was 13 minutes long but very accurate and detailed. I enjoyed looking at the site very much and might use it in the future. If ever I needed a website to promote myself (resume, work, projects etc.) Since I am in school still and not quite out hunting for a career job, I don't think I will use it yet. :)
My interests lie in art, and inside those 50 tools were many different programs to make webcomics! So i definitely might be using those soon!

No comments: