Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thing 11. Tags. Deliciously.

Ok!
Well...I know tagging through the blogs I write. And I do like tags. I also use them alot when I am on my fav authors blogs and they tag something. I can easily look up things they have written by using their tags.
A recent example of a "tagging":
Livejournal also has tags that can represent your interests and site. These are potential social introductions, as one of my good friends found out when an editor of her favorite magazine saw her tag about publishing, writing and his horror magazine and friended her.
I am not interested in del.icio.us. I did however watch said tutorial and browsed the page through 23 Things membership.
I could see this have potential for research, but would take a good webmaster and supervision so that erroneous information would not surface and that it would not take a plethora of searching to find the right tag.
I think its ugly looking personally. Yuck.
And although I do have favorite sites, I'd rather link them in my page or whatever, than have to access them through a site. Sorry del.icio.us.

If we ever do get a del.icio.us site, it would be fun, but alot of work. Useful? I'm not sure. I suppose it would depend on what it was used for.

Although I just checked out Furl. They totally have good advertising! I would maybe take the option of saving pages that might be deleted in the future! Awesome! So that perfect site that described how to make Queen Amidala's headdress, or maybe a favorite friends blog that might be cancelled later would be saved forever. Rock on! Furling sounds fun!

No comments: