Monday, January 28, 2008

Thing 1 cont'd

Aha, the fine type catches me again. I have finally added the final touches of Thing 1. I have added my avatar. After a thorough investigation of Yahoo Avatars page http://avatars.yahoo.com/ I have completed my export of my avatar. My personal instructions to the whole Avatar thing is to
1) Create one at the Yahoo page. I am not certain if this means one has to have a Yahoo account to create an Avatar. Have fun! Dress it up, make it crazy. I think it's hard to make one that looks like oneself.
2) To "export" ones Avatar to this blogger, there is an "Export" link in blue on the right side of the Avatar Home page. It is in the green grey box with a bunch of links, under Yahoo!Avatars in orange.
3) This will take you to the export page. Copy the html code which is displayed in the main box (it is the weird computer language code), or cut if you so desire.
4) Now. Log into your blog. Go to customize on your blog. On your customizing page of your blogger will be a dashed box saying Add A Page Element. Pick the HTML/ Javascript Link. Paste your previously copied HTML script.
5) Save and voila! An Avatar.

No folks, it doesn't blink, or make faces like it does on your Yahoo! account.
Thats about all.
Thanks to my coworker who helped get through the mass of information to the right direction!

No comments: